Date:      Fri,  8 Jun 2001 07:20:35 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   K-6 Laptop running current.

I sent this to Mobile yesterday and didn't get an answer.  I sure don't
feel good being the only person with this problem, but . . . I've cleaned
and polished my pointy hat.

I updated my world and kernel from a cvsup of May 26 to June 6, including
a mergemaster run that included a new pccard.conf. and as best I can tell
I jumped right into the interrupt storms and haven't figured out how to
apply the following from UPDATING

20010604:
        pccard support for pci cards has been committed.  You must change
        your /etc/pccard.conf irq lines.  It must match the irq used by
        pcic device.  Interrupt storms may result if you fail to do this.
        Interrupt storms look a lot like a hang.

My pcic device is always on irq 10
pcic-pci0: <TI PCI-1220 PCI-CardBus Bridge> irq 10 at device 3.0 on pci0
pcic0 is in polling mode.  Should I assign an irq in my kernel conf? [ haven't
done this yet ]

My pccard.conf is 100% generic and works with my May 26 kernel.
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/defaults/pccard.conf,v 1.186 2001/05/30 21:30:40 imp Exp $

Does the above mean that my IRQ line should change?
>From irq     3 5 10 11 15 to irq	10? [ didn't work ]

or does it mean that I should add IRQ 10 to my wi entry or both?  [ didn't
work either ]

Thanks for your help and your patience,

ed

       The illiterate of the 21st century will not be
             those who cannot read and write,
       but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.
                                                --Alvin Toffler