Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:00:26 +0100
From:      "Cristina Molla Garcia" <crosfib@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Building a new kernel

Hello,

I want to build a new kernel but I have some problems when I'm compiling it.
I am modifying a file "input.c" and I need to use the mathematical function
"log", so I include "math.h". But it doesn't work. The compilation produces
the following errors:

   /usr/include/math.h: 119: conflicting types for 'log'
   ../../sys/systm.h: 116: previous declaration for 'log'
   /usr/include/math.h: 119: warning: redundant redeclaration of
                             'log'in same scope
   ../../sys/systm.h: 116: previous declaration for 'log'
   /usr/include/math.h: 177: warning: function declaration isn't a
                             prototype
   /usr/include/math.h: 260: warning: function declaration isn't a
                             prototype

After that, the compilation fails.

I think that this problem occurs because the function log belongs to
"math.h" and "systm.h".

What can I do? I've tried different things but it doesn't work.

Thanks,
         Cristina