Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:53:59 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens <ssc@coolspot.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maximum numbers of nfsd processes bumped up

--4SFOXa2GPu3tIq4H

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 11:23:07AM +0100, Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens wrote:
> Hi there,
> We have here a FreeBSD system which serves
> for more than 369 days without interrupt as our
> internal webserver nfs server.
> We lately discovered more traffic to our sites and
> therefor mor use of the nfsd processes.
> That meens, 20 nfsd's aren't enough anymore !
> On my spare system I compiled a new  kernel
> with MAXASYNCNFSD (or so ..) =3D 256 and
> patched /sbin/nfsd to accept this.
> Are there any drawbacks from this ?

There was a thread (on this very list) starting with this message
which covered this topic in some detail:

    http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D676064+0+archive/2002/fr=
eebsd-questions/20021110.freebsd-questions

Subject line is "NFS Performance woes" -- you can find the messages
if you go to

    http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive//2002/freebsd-questions/20021110.f=
reebsd-questions.html