Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 2001 17:06:33 -0500
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with disklabel/fdisk on 4.2

I have attached to my system a DELL disk array, with 8 10krpm disks.   I am
able to see the drives with dmesg, but so far only able to mount and newfs
the first drive.  Any subsequent attempts results in this error (via
sysinstall):

Error mounting /dev/da4s1e on /local2 : Invalid argument

This happens regardless of having gone in (through sysinstall) and deleted
the existing info and rewriting it out.

Is this indicative of a hardware problem, or ... ?

Thanks,

_F