Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 16:14:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        accent@user2.inficad.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine 3.95 setup

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997 accent@user2.inficad.com wrote:
> How can I set up Pine 3.95 to retrieve mail from my server.  I can send
> mail form my shell at home to the server but am unable to retrieve mail to
> my system at home.  Anyone experience this?  I tried using the .forward
> file to forward my mail to my home machine but does not seem to work.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

In the setup/config page, I have "inbox-path={mail.srv.net:143}inbox".
You would substitute your mail server address for "mail.srv.net".  The
mail server must support the imap2 service.

If you have a fixed IP address and your machine is connected to the net 24
hours a day, then it might make sense to forward to your local machine,
but then you would have to do a little work to get sendmail or qmail
properly configured.

Charles Mott