Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 02:37:43 -0700
From:      Summoner <summoner@uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Aspirations

I have aspirations of geek-with-style status.  I've already acquired
the following:

- A trademark smirk/eyebrow raise facial expression
- A well-practiced maniacal cackle
- Reprioritized my life: e-mail, eat, sleep
- Worn and jeans with frayed cuffs, thermal paste stains,
  soldering-iron burns, and the permanent screwdriver fade-mark on
  the right-hand back pocket.
- Chuck t-shirts
- Linuxworld t-shirt
- DEF CON t-shirt
- BOFH "ATF agent" jacket with matching cap
- Home decor al a Byte Magazine, and Handbook printouts.
- A bookshelf full of outdated unix manuals
- A room full of used and not-quite-working computer hardware
- Windows NT 3.51 coasters (These are my *good* folding tables.)

Will I need to grow my hair out and buy a Toyota as well?  What's
the current geek-fashion trend for shoes?  Have double velcro-straps
made the come back yet?

This message written under the influence of heavy FreeBSD use.