Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:06:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   New getblk parameter.

I'd like to add a new parameter to getblk called 'flags'.  The only flag
I'm currently defining is GB_LOCK_NOWAIT so that it doesn't block trying
to get the block.  This is useful in the vfs_cluster code where we want to
include a block in a cluster but only if it isn't currently in use.

I have defined a new function 'getblkf' and put up a #define wrapper for
getblk.  It'd be neat to have a getblk() that didn't have the slpflag and
slptimo args since almost nothing uses those and then use getblkf to
supply all possible arguments.  I'm not doing that for now though.

I have a patch that does this and makes use of it in vfs_cluster available
at:

http://www.chesapeake.net/~jroberson/cluster.diff

This clears up some other unsafe code in vfs cluster as well.

Comments?

Cheers,
Jeff