Date:      Tue, 20 May 2008 17:42:55 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Buildworld Fails RELENG_7

--A9z/3b/E4MkkD+7G

On 2008-May-19 21:51:30 -0500, Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net> wrote:
>On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:58:03AM +1000, Mark Andrews wrote:
>>=20
>> > # export CFLAGS=3D""
>>=20
>> 	This does NOT remove CFLAGS from the environment.
>
>It does when you shell is bash.

As Mark pointed out, this just means bash is broken.

Note that the FreeBSD build toolset is designed to work with sh - if
you've managed to convince make to use bash, you may have run into
an incompatibility that is causing your buildworld failures.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--A9z/3b/E4MkkD+7G

--A9z/3b/E4MkkD+7G--