Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:43:06 +1000 (EST)
From:      Steven Goodwin <steve@cit.gu.edu.au>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        igor_dorovskoy@agilent.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.2.0 & GeForce4 440 Go in Dell Latitude C840

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> On Fri, 31 May 2002 igor_dorovskoy@agilent.com wrote:
> > Sorry for X off topic...
> >
> > Is anybody here got that combination running?

<snip>

> > Thanks in advance for any possible help,
>
> If the 'nv' driver won't deal with it you're out of luck until NVIDIA does
> something about FreeBSD support.

I think the latest (perhaps development) version of XFree86 4.2 has
support for the GeForce 4 (but the FreeBSD port is not yet incorporating
the necessary patches).  I'm sure it was in their changelogs.  I'll have a
look for you .....  Yep, it seems to be in number 23 the changelog @
http://www.xfree86.org/cvs/changes.html although the nv driver page
doesn't reflect this at the moment.  You might need to use cvs and check
out the latest code (http://www.xfree86.org/cvs/) or wait until the next
time the port is updated and should have support for your card.

Steve