Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:07:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/45257: runaway errorlog creation on bento for CPAN-derived ports

>Number:         45257
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       runaway errorlog creation on bento for CPAN-derived ports
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
	Errors found while making CPAN-derived ports can cause immense
	errorlog files to be written to bento:

-rw-r--r--  1 linimon  users  268434804 Nov 12 21:20 p5-Crypt-OpenPGP-0.16.log
-rw-r--r--  1 linimon  users  268420225 Nov 12 21:46 p5-Net-SSH-Perl-1.23.log

	Here is where the process seems to fail.  After this excerpt,
	the last 3 lines repeat until build timeout.

-----------------------------------

You have no /root/.cpan/sources/MIRRORED.BY
  I'm trying to fetch one
LWP not available

  Please, install Net::FTP as soon as possible. CPAN.pm installs it for you
  if you just type
      install Bundle::libnet

Issuing "/usr/bin/ftp -n"
ftp: No address associated with hostname
Not connected.
Local directory now /root/.cpan/sources
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Not connected.
Bad luck... Still failed!
Can't access URL ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/MIRRORED.BY.

Please check, if the URLs I found in your configuration file () are valid.
The urllist can be edited. E.g. with 'o conf urllist push ftp://myurl/'

Could not fetch MIRRORED.BY
CPAN.pm needs at least one URL where it can fetch CPAN files from.

Please enter your CPAN site: []
CPAN.pm needs at least one URL where it can fetch CPAN files from.

Please enter your CPAN site: []

>How-To-Repeat:
	Attempt to download the errlogs to test your error processing
	script changes, and begin to wonder what the heck happened
	after about 20 minutes.
>Fix:
	No idea.