Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 17:40:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Marty Landman <marty@face2interface.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question on FreeBsd

Hi Marty,

Sounds like you may have a hardware problem. Do you get anything back from
this command:

dmesg | grep CDROM

If not, your Cdrom is not being found at boot-up. Is it cabled as slave on
the primary or secondary channel, or is it master on the secondary?

As for the floppy, you may find this helpful:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/bsd/2000/07/05/FreeBSD_Basics.html

There's an article in there as well if you need help setting up PPP.
Also, you'll find installing the ports collection a heck of a lot easier
than playing sneaker-net :)

HTH,

Dru