Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:49:44 +0100
From:      Fritz Heinrichmeyer <Fritz.Heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@freebsd.org>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Solved: Any working combination of jdk and tomcat with stable

On Thursday 23 January 2003 16:08, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> On Thursday 23 January 2003 15:38, Fritz Heinrichmeyer wrote:
> > Tomcat4.0.6 and tomcat4.1.18 do not work here with 4.7-STABLE, 4.1.12
> > did some month ago (stand alone server). I am interested to hear of
> > working combination. I use native jdk-1.3.1 (appletviewer works ...)

new tomcat also works now. The problem was that somehow tomcat JAR-files where
placed in the lib/ext directory under JAVA_HOME. This afternoon i googled for
the right phrases (CLASSPATH tomcat problem) and found hints for the problem.

Of course i looked for such old files before but i thought everything for
tomcat was placed only under the /usr/local/tomcat hierarchy as indicated by
pkg_info for the new 4.1.18 port. Maybe others should be warned?
--
Fritz Heinrichmeyer mailto:fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de
FernUniversitaet Hagen, LG ES, 58084 Hagen (Germany)