Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2007 02:32:30 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HAL on FreeBSD 5.5 redux

--=-f/yzFaTYH1G0IMUya1wx

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 07:58 +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Friday, 9. February 2007 06:52, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>=20
> > There was a recent change that went into HAL to favor atapicam
> > installations over those without.  I wonder if this could be causing
> > problems.  Please provide an lshal.
>=20
> Oh, and I really should mention this, the atapicam devices work fine with=
 the=20
> current HAL, the problems are just with the atapicd devices (i.e. with=20
> atapicam turned off, that was the regression testing I did).

Then what is this lshal from?  It looks good (i.e. this problem should
not occur).  The cdrom->channel should be 1 based on this output.  I
need an lshal from a machine exhibiting this problem.

Can you also add:

fprintf(stderr, "Reading props from %s\n", parent);

After line 85 in hfp-cdrom.c, and provide the resulting output.

Joe

--=20

--=-f/yzFaTYH1G0IMUya1wx

--=-f/yzFaTYH1G0IMUya1wx--