Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:15:33 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        "Born, Clinton" <Clinton.Born@dig.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Subject:   Re: Are hardware vendors starting to bail on FreeBSD ... ?

On Jul 30, 2006, at 11:11 PM, Born, Clinton wrote:

> Please explain? Because I like people to have an objective view
> when it
> comes to making technology decisions. We've made bad technology work,
> and I've seen free software cost more than the most expensive
> Microsoft
> license. Too many variables are involved and anyone evangelizing a
> single system should be viewed with skepticism..  Is this what you
> mean
> buy out of touch?

The comparison to Hezbollah.  There is not one item to compare
between "tech fanatics" and Hezbollah -- only contrast.

I personally am not an Open Source (O.S.) weenie, and some folks are
O.S. fanatics etc (usually you find these in the Linux fan-boy club
but they probably exist everywhere) but I have yet to see a MS
solution that was the best solution to a given problem.   Not that
they don't exist, but the negatives of being trapped in a MS
proprietary hell forever far outweigh any advantages over the long
haul.  I have personally seen to m any businesses who get trapped and
cannot get out because of the proprietary nature of the data storage
(file formats, etc), even when they want to.  YMMV.

Chad

---
chad at shire.net