Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 2002 13:02:39 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Ian Barnes <ian@cerebellum.za.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Label Error

> From: "Ian Barnes" <ian@cerebellum.za.net>
> To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> Subject: Label Error
> Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 14:21:31 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install 4.5 on a 4gig hdd. I boot up using the CD, all goes
> well, i get to the sysinstall main menu, and i carry on, i create
> partitions, 4 of them, one for /, one for /var, one for /usr/home, and one
> for swap (in that order). I then write the information, which all goes well.
> The problem comes in when i try and write the label information. I set it up
> as above.

    Although you mention in the text I snipped that you've been using
    FreeBSD for years, I don't see you mentioning anywhere going through
    fdisk. Did you forget to do that? I know it's not really likely (you
    tried the disk in a few boxen), but who knows. :)

--
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE
12:59PM up 9 days, 54 mins, 19 users, load averages: 0.07, 0.03, 0.01