Date:      Sun, 04 Aug 1996 22:55:56 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        tcg@ime.net
Cc:        Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>, FreeBSD Ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mail

Gary Chrysler wrote:
> > It will prompt you for your password, query the mail server and drop all
> > your mail in your system mail folder. You can also run it from cron but
> > you must use -p <password> which will show up in a ps listing. You might
> > not want to do this for security reasons. I do it on my home machine so I
> > don't have to worry about someone seeing my password. Hope this helps.
> >

> How does outgoing mail get addressed, I tried this (not very hard)
> and my outgoing mail gave my address from my internal net, I need
> it to match my account with my ISP, As if I had sent it from my ISP.

The easiest way is to cheat with your mailer (PINE/ELM/MH/Whatever),
and just set your from address there.

Harder work would be to convice sendmail to do it for you. Look at
the M4 macros in its source directort for some clues.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key