Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 1995 12:51:33 +0200
From:      William Wanders <wwanders@sci.kun.nl>
To:        sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ft0 QIC write error problem

   Comments: Hyperbole mail buttons accepted, v03.19.03.
   Date: Wed, 09 Aug 1995 12:14:48 +0200
   From: "Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]" <sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
   Sender: questions-owner@freebsd.org

   I've got a Conner TSM420 QIC drive, and I use the QW QIC-wide tapes.

   Every time I pipe something larger than about a megabyte into ft, I
   get an unrecoverable write error on block 3200.

   It's not a problem with the tape - I can make larger backups under DOS
   with no problems, and I've tried several.

   Also, smaller things get written and recovered OK.

   Oh, I'm still running 2.0-SNAP950412.  I haven't upgraded because, for
   that, I really need the backup :-(

   Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

   Cheers =8-} Chipsy

The current version of the ft driver does not support QW 5122F tapes.
If you wish to use youre tape drive:

1) Wait for the new driver (Should ask steve about that)
2) Start using DC 2120 tapes (Work OK with my IOmega 420)

William.