Date:      Tue, 05 May 1998 11:44:17 +0200
From:      "Stefan Bethke" <stefan@promo.de>
To:        "Luigi Rizzo" <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISA-PnP w\o BIOS support?

--On Mon, 4. Mai 1998 14:01 Uhr +0200 "Luigi Rizzo"
<luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it> wrote:

>> I've just bought an ISA-PnP soundcard, but my old Asus 486SP3G BIOS'
doesn't

> boot with -c and use the manual pnp configuration instruction

Thanks. I might want to take some time off and start reading man pages
again.

However, my expectation was that the card would have been configured
automagically, despite the lack of the BIOS; or, more specifically, I would
expect the PnP code to auto-configure all PnP devices if there seems to be
no PnP BIOS support.

Is there any particular reason (besides lack of interest or resources) for
no implementing this?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke
Promo Datentechnik      |  Tel. +49-40-851744-18