Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 01:41:01 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: usable current SNAP

According to Greg Lehey:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 1997 at 08:02:08PM -0600, Steve Passe wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> I don't understand this.  This is *not* the purpose of -current.  To
> >> quote:
> >
> > Yes, I know all this, I'm one of the people doing development work
> > with 3.0-current, I won't be back complaining that xxx doesn't work!
>
> And your customers?
>
> > I have various assorted reasons,  I just would like to here "I installed
> > SNAP-9710xx and all went well" from someone b4 grabbing
> > the tarballs...
>
> Oh well.  The last two weeks I built -current, and it seems to be
> working fine.  More specifically, I supped on the 9th and the 16th.

I just installed 3.0-971012-SNAP and it went very nice and smooth, except for
dying in the post-installation menu when I tried to get packages. If you
just install, reboot, and fix packages later, if shouldn't be a problem. :-)
I had no problem with it dying either, actually, since it just meant I had
to remove the disk, wait for the system to boot, and install packages later.
The bug is fixed in later SNAPs, Jordan reports. But MFS is broken there. :-(

  /Mikael