Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:13:09 -0700
From:      ppauly@hushmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wierd "DNS" packet every second

There is a machine that is trying to send udp packets from its
port 53 to my port 0, every second, all day long. I
don't think it's an attack, it's probably something
misconfigured, or something I don't understand.
The IP address if from Global Crossing (isn't that the
company that is having financial problems in the news?)
Below is the ipflog entry for a one of them, and
a tcpdump entry:

Apr 18 20:16:56 home1 ipmon[50]: 20:16:56.869014 de0 @0:5 b 208.48.241.98,53 \
 -> 198.77.156.17,0 PR udp len 20 64 IN

21.23.57.924607 208.48.241.98.domain > home1.networkmonitoring.org.0: 14010 \
 FormErr [0q] 0/0/0 (36)

Any suggestions on what this is? Why is it going to port 0?

Peter.

Hush provide the worlds most secure, easy to use online applications - which solution is right for you?
HushMail Secure Email http://www.hushmail.com/
HushDrive Secure Online Storage http://www.hushmail.com/hushdrive/
Hush Business - security for your Business http://www.hush.com/
Hush Enterprise - Secure Solutions for your Enterprise http://www.hush.com/