Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 1999 21:19:32 +0100
From:      Abbas.Karbassian@cambridge.simoco.com (Abbas Karbassian x7148)
To:        scomrie@globalserve.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation

Hi Steve:

I have forgotten to ask you if you are using FreeBsd3.2.

I assume that you are using the above version since this is the lates
release.

You need to the follwoing:

1 - Goto this site

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD

2 - Click  on

releases/i386/3.2-RELEASE

3 -Click on

floppies

in floppies directory you need to copy three files:
Remember you need t floppy disk formatted:

download kern.flp, mfsroot.flp and fdimage.exe to your hard disk.

I am assuming that you are currently running windows95.98 or msdos.

now do the followings:

(Use floppy disk 1 )
C> fdimage kern.flp a:

when this is done

(Use floppy disk 2 )
C> fdimage mfsroot.flp a:

Once that is completed  you can reboot you P.C with disk 1 aftre some 3 to 5 minutes
computer instruct you to use the second disk (ie: disk 2)

and that it.

Now If you already running on a unix machine you need to create your immages like this

(Use floppy disk 1 )

dd if=floppies/kern.flp of=/dev/rfd0
or
dd if=floppies/kern.flp of=/dev/floppy

(Use floppy disk 2 )

dd if=floppies/mfsroot.flp of=/dev/rfd0
or
dd if=floppies/mfsroot.flp of=/dev/floppy

Regards

Abbas

P.s Let me know how you are getting on