Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 02:09:48 -0500
From:      "Christopher M. Giordano" <CGiordano@ids.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Richard Seaman, Jr." <dick@tar.com>
Subject:   StarOffice 5.0 error on registration form

  I've been to get StarOffice 5.0 working in -current with Linux
  thread emulationtrying by following the very helpful instructions
  at http://lt.tar.com.

  I've built a recent (1/17) 3.0-CURRENT world and kernel with
  -DCOMPAT_LINUX_THREADS and -DVM_STACK, and have enabled the
  Posix priority extensions in the kernel (but have not applied
  the priority scheduling patches, since the site indicates that
  they are optional).

  I followed the sample StarOffice 5.0 installation at the above site
  exactly and it all went OK, until I tried to register and I encountered
  a BASIC runtime error for the registration form "Action or method not found"
  followed by a window freezing problem similar to the one described on
  lt.tar.com.  The .../Office50/bin directory has been added to my PATH
  and I've tried reinstalling StarOffice several times but the problem
  persists.  I'd appreciate any pointers from anyone who's got this working,
  I feel like I'm soooo close....

  Thanks in advance,

  Chris Giordano
  cgiordano@gdeb.com