Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:05:00 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Pascal Giannakakis <CapM@gmx.net>
To:        Vasily <admin@arfatur.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Updating Kernel to newest Version

> Hello Pascal,
>
> Monday, September 23, 2002, 11:54:16 AM, you wrote:
>
> PG> Lo ppl,
>
> PG> i updated my WS with the binary update from the 4.6.2 iso (CD 1). It
> PG> finished
> PG> successfully, but my kernel remains in the old version. How do i get a

> PG> kernel of the
> PG> new Version? I couldn't find anything about that in the handbook.
>
> PG> thx
>

> I guess you should to go to /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> then copy GENERIC to file with YOURNAMEFORKERNEL.
> To make necessary changes in YUORKERNEL. Don't forget to change ident
> >from GENERIC to YUORKERNEL.
> [...]

What i wanted to know is how i can get the sources for 4.6.2. They are on CD
and can
be copied with /stand/sysinstall -> Configure -> Distributions. Sorry if my
question
was not specific enough.

Now i copied and recompiled theem, and what a pain in the big A, i
accidently deleted
the file with the accounts. DOH! =( Could fix it again, but a lot of trouble
for
getting the kernel to the latest version...

--
Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de