Date:      Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:53:24 -0500
From:      Glenn Sieb <ges@wingfoot.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld error in Makefile.inc1

Kris Kennaway said the following on 2/3/2005 12:29 AM:

>On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:25:38PM -0500, Glenn Sieb wrote:
>

>>Stop in /usr/src.
>>#
>>
>>So, should this upgrade be this painful? 5.1-RELEASE-p17 isn't _that_
>>old.. I kind of wonder now what's going to happen when I upgrade one of
>>my boxes from 4.11-RELEASE to 5.3-RELEASE? :-/
>>

>Typically we only support source upgrades from systems after a certain
>point.  Talk to ru@FreeBSD.org about the status of upgrading from
>5.1-RELEASE.

Thanks, Kris.. it appears that doing make -DALWAYS_CHECK_MAKE did the
trick for me (which would have happened had I just done a buildworld,
from what Ruslan said).

Great appreciation from me to everyone who helped out on this issue.
This makes my life MUCH easier tonight. :)

Best,
--Glenn

          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759