Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 00:11:49 +1100
From:      "Scott Aitken" <scotta@whoever.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   emailing with syslogd

Hi all,
I'm trying to have syslogd send an email upon reception of any relevant
messages by piping the messages to |exec sendmail email@host.com
This works sporadically - I assume syslogd keeps the pipe open so sendmail
never knows when to begin sending.
The box I'm doing this on receives few messages, so the occasional mail
shouldn't bother it.
I'm very new to BSD, so although I've read that writing a script wrapper may
help, I wouldn't know where to start.
Thanks in advance

Scott Aitken
Senior Network Engineer
AAPT Limited
180-188 Burnley Street, Richmond, VIC 3121
W: +61 (3) 8414 3437
M: +61 414 855 641