Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 14:13:23 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Enriko Groen <enriko.groen@netivity.nl>, "'Aris Stathakis'" <aris@sco.COM>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: RAID/vinum options (mail server)

At 08:50 AM 6/22/01 +0200, Enriko Groen wrote:
> [...]

Mike Smith has voiced his opinion on -stable that they are not RAID
controllers per say and are "way too raw (IMO) for production use."  The
3Ware cards work well and until Adaptec's IDE RAID is support, is the only
dedicated controller (ie one drive, one controller).

Reputedly the 3Ware RAID cards do not work as well with Doze, so other
controllers with similar results are of no surprise.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve