Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:46:54 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: copyright issues regarding FreeBSD ISOs/CDs

On Thu 2001-03-15 (02:42), Dan Langille wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2001, at 15:39, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
>
> > As far as I'm aware, BSDi (like WC before them) retain (compilation)
> > copyright on all the ISO layouts,
>
> Understood.
>
> > but give out the copy and distribute
> > the first ISO image.
>
> !Understood.

nbmHat 9.2 starting
Monochrome console detected, no 'l33t colours.
Starting service: spelling                             [OK]
Starting service: punctuation                          [OK]
Starting service: cool acronyms                        [OK]
Starting service: trademark parenthesis style          [OK]
Starting service: grammar                          [FAILED]

Uh.  Add 'right to' between 'the' and 'copy', and things make slightly
more sense.  Copyright doesn't mean that others can't do things, just
that they can't do things unless you allow them.  In this case, the
right to use, distribute, and copy the ISO is given.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@mithrandr.moria.org