Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:54:26 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>, "Mike Meyer" <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Problems installing 4.x on large disks

One last bit on the SCSI thing - there are _old_ SCSI
adapters, like old aha1520 ISA adapters, that will convert
the drive to a CHS that gets passed to BIOS - these will
have problems with big disks.  But, I should have been
more clear that modern PCI scsi card bioses don't
appear to have this as a problem, and they are standardized
and tested under FreeBSD you might say, which is better
than the mydrid of IDE/motherboard BIOS combinations out there.