Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:56:58 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   No powerNow/cpufreq for a desktop Athlon-XP ?

Hello,

I'm using FreeBSD 6.0 on an Athlon-based desktop machine. I have loaded the=
=20
acpi and cpufreq kernel modules, but powerd does not want to start :
'powerd: lookup freq: No such file or directory'

=46rom a little googling, it seems that cpufreq will not work on this machi=
ne as=20
PowerNow is active only on mobile Athlons (see for example=20
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=3D357591)

Am I correct ? or is there any way to enable powernow on a desktop Athlon ?

	TfH