Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 1995 23:03:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@freeBSD.org
Subject:   diff/patch question

Hi Satoshi.  I am trying to keep up with changes I'm making in a port I'm
trying to develop, and so I'm using the info you gave me on diff.  I'm
having a strange problem, tho, and I hope you can help.  The project I'm
into uses imake, so one of the files is named site.def.  The file occurs
in the top project directory, and has to be changed, then deposited in
the project config directory, several layers down.  Patch keeps on
insisting that, since it finds the file in the top directory, I must have
made a mistake, so it patches it inthe top directory, and doesn't move it
down.  How can I force patch to believe I know what I want?

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!