Date:      Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:20:14 -0600
From:      Craig Boston <craig@tobuj.gank.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weird PCI interrupt delivery problem

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 07:11:10PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20051202013146.GA15424@nowhere>
>             Craig Boston <craig@tobuj.gank.org> writes:
> : I suspect that really old 16-bit PCMCIA cards with non-sharable
> : interrupts wouldn't work, but does NEWCARD even support those anyway?
>
> Yes.  There's no such thing as a PCMCIA card whose interrupts are
> non-sharable.  NEWCARD works great with them.

Heh, guess I shouldn't believe what I read on pages hosted at
microsoft.com :)

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/bus/cardbus/PCMCIA-IRQrouting.mspx
(found via google search for "cardbus interrupt routing")

It's probably talking about legacy device drivers that didn't know how
to properly share IRQs.

Craig