Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:32:05 -0700
From:      Scott Michel <scottm@CS.UCLA.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compile KDE with PREFIX set?

Ok, here's the next bonehead thing I'm doing that I just can
work around (or really, don't  have time to work around since
I'm multiplexing my prospectus writing with the compile.)

I'm compiling up kde11 with PREFIX set:

	make PREFIX=/usr/local/kde

And the problem is that kdelibs11 needs jpeg.6, which is installed
in the usual /usr/local/lib suspect place. Problem is that CFLAGS
in configure get smashed since "--prefix=${PREFIX}" is being sent
in. Thus, configure ends up looking for jpeg in -L${PREFIX}/lib
and not in /usr/local/lib where it really is.

Anyone got a good workaround?

-scooter