Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 07:52:07 +0100
From:      "[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>,  freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the coming cold ... I mean freeze

Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 11:35:48PM +0100, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
>> I put a lot of effort to get the release done (4 days) before the freeze. So
>> it's kind of frustrating that it doesn't get in.
>
> I sympathize, but if we let one update in, it is very difficult to not let
> them all in.  We (portmgr) will have several hundred approval requests just
> for bugfixing during the freeze.
>
> At some point you simply have to say "today's the day" and draw a line,
> otherwise, the release process will never get done.
>
> mcl

I understand this, of course. It's just bad luck that no one picked up the PR
before the freeze. I often had my PRs committed within minutes of writing the
PR. This time no one took it within 4 days.
Well, it's my fault to rely on something that cannot be relied on.

When the ports page on bsdstats was still open it said that only between 10
and 20 people (I do not remember the exact figure) use my port, so it ain't
that bad.