Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:35:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Unloading kernel modules before shuting down?

I notice that the drm rc script unloads the modules it loads when invoked
with :stop". so that the modules will get unloaded on the way to shutdown.

Question is this required? Is it eve a good idea? After all we are going to
halt the system shortly, right?

I ask this because I had a panic on the way down, this morning, that I
believe was caused by unloading the wrong module (agp in that case)?

Thanks for any words of wisdom on this.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin