Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:30:06 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12739: New port: AT&T's DjVu Netscape plug-in

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 06:21:06PM -0500, mi@video-collage.com wrote:

> Well, if  I harcode MOZILLA_HOME as  ${LOCALBASE}/lib/netscape, there is
> no problem. But I did not want to do that...

Hmm..  there's also:

viper 415# make fetch
fetch: npdjvu-freebsd.tar.gz: www.djvu.att.com: HTTP server returned error code 404

I believe I already mentioned that the site was moved to www.djvu.com

> = I'd strongly recommend installing devel/portlint and using it to clean
> = things up before submission.
>
> I used it:

Looks like you missed some flags.. as a rule, I tend to use:

	portlint -abcNv

which gives a better idea of any issues.

> I put the "TAR?=tar" and "LN?=ln"  in there on purpose, because I tested
> this port  on an old 2.2.8  machine with old bsd.port.mk.  The two other
> warnings  are  bogus too  --  one  is  there  because of  quotes  around
> ${MOZILLA_HOME} (what if it has spaces  in it?) and the other is because
> RUN_DEPENDS lists ${MOZILLA_HOME}.

My (possibly incorrect) understanding is that support for both 2.x
and aout 3.x has ceased.

> I'm sure I'm  not. With the NO_CDROM/NO_PACKAGE we are  not even a party
> of the license agreement... This way  the port is not interactive, which
> is good, is not it?...

My understanding of the license agreement is that it needs to be
presented to, and accepted by, the end user, before proceeding.
Usual disclaimers about not being a lawyer apply, but the fact that
you have a bunch of comments in there suggest that you thought about
this enough to put them in.  If it's not a problem, why have the
comments at all, since most people won't be reading the Makefile
anyway.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.