Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:56:22 +0200
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RELENG_6 periodic security default problem

Hi folks,

since running on RELENG_6 starting last week on my home server, I'm not
getting any useful periodic security output anymore.

After inspecting the problem I found that the default of
daily_status_security_diff_flags in /etc/defaults/periodic.conf is "-b
-u" but the ${filter} expression in /etc/periodic/security.functions is
being set to grep '^>'

diff produces a +/- diff format but the output is being filtered for ^>
so no output comes from any of the /etc/periodic/security scripts. This
should be either changed to daily_status_security_diff_flags="-b" in
/etc/defaults/periodic.conf or ${filter} being changed to 'grep ^+' in
/etc/periodic/security/security.functions.

Bye,

Volker

--
GPG/PGP fingerprint:
FF93 13A1 2477 B631 E953 06DF 4C49 ADD9 E4BF 79B1