Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:07:43 -0400
From:      "Brian" <wrath@shianet.org>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Patrick Calkins" <pcalkins@oemsupport.com>
Subject:   Re: Which hardware vender for FreeBSD?

Compaq plays with everything.  They even let you play too.

http://www.testdrive.compaq.com/

I've always been into "build your own (nightmare?)".  I don't like buying
other people's equipment since I've always found something to complain
about.  If I build it myself, I'm the only one that I have to give a swift
kick in the rear.  The problem is that it sucks up a lot of time to research
and you don't get a service plan.

All in all I suppose it depends on who you talk to as far as vendors go.

-Brian