Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2015 14:28:02 -0700
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        "Mikhail T." <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org, vbox@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on MacBook -- can the original MacOS be booted inside a VM?

On Jan 14, 2015, at 2:05 PM, Mikhail T. <mi@aldan.algebra.com> wrote:

> I'll have a new laptop soon and would like to run FreeBSD on it (dual =
boot).
> However, I may still need the capabilities of the original MacOS from =
time to time.
>=20
> One obvious solution would be to simply reboot into MacOS, but I'm =
wondering, if
> the original OS can not be run inside a VM (such as VirtualBox) -- =
with FreeBSD
> being the host.
>=20
> Has anyone done that before? Any thoughts on why this would not work? =
Thank you!
> Yours,

VMware Fusion certainly allows Mac VMs to run under MacOS, but I imagine =
there is some secret sauce involved. Generally speaking this question =
isn't FreeBSD-specific, nor does it matter (much) that the underlying =
hardware is Apple's. Do a Google search for "hackintosh" and =
"virtualbox" and you should find some resources to get you started. Good =
luck!

JN