Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2015 13:15:50 -0500
From:      Phil Shafer <phil@juniper.net>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>, "arch@freebsd.org" <arch@freebsd.org>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arch <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Libxo bugs and fixes.

Marcel Moolenaar writes:
>What's wrong with just calling fflush()?

My take is that the missing piece was the ability of xo_flush to
flush the underlaying (opaque) stream.  The way it's currently coded
(the "develop" branch) adds the flush function to xo_set_writer and
uses fflush for stdout, but doesn't call __flbf.  The app needs to
decide when a flush is needed and calls xo_flush.

Setting the XOF_FLUSH flag should (but doesn't yet) trigger this
for each xo_* call.  Currently XOF_FLUSH just flushes to the
writer, but doesn't call the flush function.  I'll add this.

Thanks,
 Phil