Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:13:22 -0000
From:      "Nick Wilson" <nick.wilson@abell.co.uk>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bind - Upgrading from FreeBSD 4.6 default to 9.2.1

Hi

I'm running FreeBSD 4.6 and have ported and installed (successfully, I
believe) BIND 9.2.1.  However if I run named -v the version reporting is
8.3.2-T1B as supplied with the FreeBSD release.  named-checkconf -v or
named-checkzone -v report version 9.2.1.

How do I tell FreeBSD to use the new version of BIND?  I've tried editing
the named-program path in rc.conf but with no effect.

Many thanks, Nick