Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2007 00:32:11 +0000
From:      "Aryeh Friedman" <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        "Stephen Allen" <sdafreebsduk@rowyerboat.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Which java binary to use?

On 10/7/07, Stephen Allen <sdafreebsduk@rowyerboat.com> wrote:
> I installed the Diablo java packages
> (http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml), but "which
> java" shows "/usr/local/bin/java" which is a link to javavm in the same
> directory.
>
> I wondered about changing the link to point to one of these:
>
>       /usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/bin/java
>       /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/bin/java
>       /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/jre/bin/java
>
> Should I change the link, and which one of these should it point to...
> the JRE?

No because javavm will automatically detect the most appropriate
one... also all three above are linked to
/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/bin/java I think... now a side issue is
under some configurations diablo doesn't work for any gui app (non-www
based) so you may want to update to jdk-16 or linux-sun-jdk16