Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 2000 14:31:10 -0500
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux emulation

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> I was just looking at that piece of code, and I couldn't entirely
> make out what it was even trying to do.  Can somebody more
> linuxolator savy explain what the function linux_ustat() should
> produce.

The following comment explains what linux_ustat should do:

	/*
	 * lu.f_fname and lu.f_fpack are not used. They are always zeroed.
	 * lu.f_tinode and lu.f_tfree are set from the device's super block.
	 */

linux_ustat fills in a structure with the above mention fields. The
meaning of f_tinode and f_tfree are explained by the following two
statements:

		lu.f_tfree = stat->f_bfree;
		lu.f_tinode = stat->f_ffree;

In short: given the (u)dev_t, get the FS statistics and return the
number of free blocks and inodes of the FS on that device.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org