Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:44:33 -0500
From:      Noble Hays <noble.hays@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   AN8 motherboard SATA issues?

Well, My father and I are attempteing to move to the 64 bit universe,
and  so far, no good.

We recived our purchase from new egg and now have a machine with the
following specs:
A-Bit AN8 Guru board
AMD 64 3000+
NVidia GeForce 6600 PCI-E
512 DDR 400
2x Segate SATA 150 80.0GB Harddrives
1 120GB Segate Harddrive(not recived yet)
AOpen DVD+-RW DL
I downloaded the AMD64 disk1 iso off of FreeBSD's main site, burned it
succesfully of my old machine, and tried to install... the CD Loader
worked, then the Bootloader, then I selected the default at the prompt,
and it started detecting hardware...

Here's the problem... It freezes up after detecting the SATA drives and
it moves through the detections quickly so I can't read any of the
warnings... when it freezes scroll lock doesn't allow me to look back
and see if everything else is working. I had a i386 5.4 disk, and tried
it just to make sure there wasn't a burn issue, it sticks at exactly the
same spot.

I'm fairly new to freebsd, and me and dad are both new to the 64bit
systems. So this maybe an id-ten-t user problem, but if someone has some
suggestions, I'd like to try them.

Thanks for your patience.