Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:57:29 +0000
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Inconsistencies with IP_ONESBCAST and/or IP_SENDSRCADDR

Bruce M. Simpson wrote:
> I have just committed a change in bms_netdev which enforces strict
> and better defined semantics for the IP_SENDSRCADDR option in
> udp_output().

I have just committed this change in -CURRENT.

After testing it with 'ipbroadcast', it looks good apart from sockets
which are already laddr bound. This is forbidden by in_pcbbind_setup().
The same caveats apply -- it might collide with an already bound inpcb.

It is OK for code to choose any source address configured on the box as
this will be needed to override source selection come ECMP.

If someone else steps up to make it work when socket is laddr bound,
well and cool. I now consider it 'fit for purpose'. I'm satisfied with
this for now.

Regards,
BMS