Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:10:52 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        Ahsan Ali <ahsan@khi.comsats.net.pk>
Cc:        FBSD-ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: antivirus, webmail and virtual domain hosting on a mail server

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

* Ahsan Ali <ahsan@khi.comsats.net.pk> [20011128 19:12]: wrote:
> Hello guys,
>=20
> I need to build a mailserver that will be hosting multiple mail domains -
> both name based and IP based.
>=20
> I want to have a seperate user/password database for each domain and idea=
lly
> host them in such a way that some are bound to the same IP and others get
> individual IPs. This means that the client pop software will need to be
> configured with a domain portion of the account to identify which virtual
> domain the client wishes to pop for.
>=20
> To this mix, I want to add virus scanning and ideally a webmail interface=
. I
> expect to have over 20,000 accounts after adding up all domains. The main
> ISP domain will probably have in excess of 18,000 accounts very soon. The=
se
> accounts will be coming over dialup ports at 56K and I expect not more th=
an
> 150 users to access their mail simultaneously.
>=20
> I was thinking this could be accomplished with a mix of qmail, neomail etc
> but although my mail administration experience is decent, up until now I'=
ve
> only worked with sendmail on linux and solaris.
>=20
> So if any of you are running this sort of configuration could you please
> give me some pointers to get started?

These 2 would be a perfect solution:

http://www.reedmedia.net/software/virtualmail-pop3d/
I use it with Exim (www.exim.org). Exim has a filter that catches these vir=
ii.

-Wash

S y s t e m s   A d m i n.

--=20
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@wananchi.com>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'
Tel: 254 2 313985-9   Fax: 254 2 313922     so I installed FreeBSD."  =20
GSM: 254 72 743 223   GSM: 254 733 744 121  This sig is McQ!  :-)

++
Never let your schooling interfere with your education.

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--