Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:04:48 +0200
From:      Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
To:        Summoner <summoner@uswest.net>
Subject:   Re: Aspirations

Summoner writes:
> I have aspirations of geek-with-style status.  I've already acquired
> the following:
>
> - A trademark smirk/eyebrow raise facial expression

	Check.

> - A well-practiced maniacal cackle

	Don't forget the "I look down upon you, you're so cute" laugh.
		(will include .WAV file someday).

> - Reprioritized my life: e-mail, eat, sleep

	Woops!  Forgot IRC.  Check.

> - Worn and jeans with frayed cuffs, thermal paste stains,
>   soldering-iron burns, and the permanent screwdriver fade-mark on
>   the right-hand back pocket.

	Check.

> - Chuck t-shirts

	Check.

> - Linuxworld t-shirt

	Argh!  -10 points!

> - DEF CON t-shirt
> - BOFH "ATF agent" jacket with matching cap

	That's my man!

> - Home decor al a Byte Magazine, and Handbook printouts.

	à la, FYI.

> - A bookshelf full of outdated unix manuals
> - A room full of used and not-quite-working computer hardware

	*sob*

> - Windows NT 3.51 coasters (These are my *good* folding tables.)

	Neat -- I would have used 4.0.

> Will I need to grow my hair out and buy a Toyota as well?

	It's either long hair or bowl cut.  You choose.  You could
	also try to look cool (shaved head) or inconspicuous
	(normal citizen look, with geekism seething under the surface).

> What's the current geek-fashion trend for shoes?  Have double velcro-straps
> made the come back yet?

	Timberland or birkenstocks.

> This message written under the influence of heavy FreeBSD use.

	You should look at the average FreeBSD hacker, then.

	Mike Smith has that "Matrix" look to him :)

	Jordan is an undercover hacker trying to pass for human.

	Greg Lehey has the birkenstocks.

	Choices are many!

	-- This was brough to you by: --

				Style'a'Geek Salon