Date:      Sun, 20 May 2001 01:57:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bzdik BSD <bzdik@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports and Packages Mixture

--- Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org> wrote:

> We've got "something like" apt. If there are some features from it
> that you'd like, you need to provide more details.

can I upgrade the whole build/RELEASE with the pkg_?

Can it be simply crontabbed like:

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade          ?

can we do anything like

apt-get dist-upgrade          ?

pkg_ gives one more control and shouldn't be deprecated, but the apt
way is much more efficient for an admin IMO.

Best