Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:20:35 +0100
From:      F.Xavier Noria <fxn@isoco.com>
To:        "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>, dill@canada.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup question

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:55:21 -0800
"Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net> wrote:

: > 2. Are there any other way to do this? I am not too comfortable with
: this un-updated machine to connect to the net and download source.
: Could I use another machine and download the source and then transfer
: data by a CD ? If so, how (or point me to the right doc please) ?
:
: I'm sure this is possible.  I seem to recall something in the handbook
: about doing updates on one machine and then using NFS and updating all
: machines in your environment.  Maybe someone else will have more
: specifics.

Yeah, it's in section 19.4.6.2, search for "NFS" in this page:

    http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

It says basically that one may execute make buildworld in machine A,
mount its /usr/src and /usr/obj via NFS in machines B and C and just
make installworld there.

I guess that implies you can copy /usr/src and /usr/obj from computer A
to the rest of the network with CDs and continue the process from there.

-- fxn