Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2011 09:39:14 +0100
From:      egoitz@ramattack.net
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: qmail or postfix?

>> version i tried. that turns off certain maintainers, and it would
>> put me
>> off
>> aswell
>>
>> postfix on the other hand is more in tune with the rest of the
>> system
>>

>> > thanks in advance

 Nowadays I think Postfix is much more complete and efficient mail
 system than Qmail although this one it's a pretty small and good code by
 design mail system... but the problem is that you'll probably need more
 features than qmail-1.03 gave unless... so you will need to patch it, so
 you're entering non qmail native code...

 By my professional experience... Postfix will give you more
 "oportunities and features" for things going well... Some years ago I
 set up qmail servers and I like qmail and I like playing with it's
 code... but.... should say that nowadays unless IMHO... Postfix is
 basically the nowadays opensource mail system.

 Bye!!