Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 05:49:57 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        wirth@zerberus.hai.siemens.co.at (Helmut Wirth), freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bug with NCR810 driver: Corrections, Additions and a Solution, see previous message

>Yes, this is a problem that I have on my "fix" list.  The retry code
>pretty much just slams the disk with retries in the interrupt
>routine without delays.
>
>You can try this "untested yet compiles" fix that should delay
>1s between retries.

An there was much rejoicing!

Bruce will I'm sure correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that
timeout() works during 100% of the boot phase.  I'm certainly a
proponent of having it work since the aic7xxx driver uses it during
boot as well.

I think we'll have to tune your callback function so it knows the
type of error.  According to several people at Adaptec, you should
wait 5-10sec for targets that return BUSY status.  For other types
of errors 1sec should be fine.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations